Thursday, April 19, 2018

Comcastic. Sort of.

30 Days of Biking 2018 Mileage Total: 385.1


We're getting there...slowly but surely. You can always tell when the weather is a bit more tolerable by how many bikes fill the racks outside major businesses:


I had a fairly light delivery route Wednesday morning followed by a meeting at the Comcast Center (seen above), and other than a ride to the hockey arena I don't have much else to report about the early part of yesterday. Speaking of...

I got word of some relatively affordable tickets to the Flyers playoff game last night, so I bought one on a whim and took a ride to the deep south. Apparently I'm either the only person who rode my bike there, or I'm the only person who knew about this bike rack on the south side of the arena:


Comcast actually owns this building too, in case you weren't aware. I think I like parking on this side better. It's got protection from the rain:


Not that it will be of much use to me going forward, as this is likely the last time I'll get to see these guys play here while I'm living here. Anyway, this is why I opted to make the last minute splurge. Something about a sea of orange always gives me chills:


Unfortunately, the product on the ice was absolutely terrible. It's sad to think that this might be my last Flyers game as a Philadelphia resident. At least I got to sneak in a few more miles of riding as a result, I guess?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

If things go according to plan, I'll hit 400 miles for the month today! I'm not sure how, to be honest. I don't like to grumble about the weather too much, but it's been pretty lackluster for most of this month. I feel like it's actually caused my enthusiasm for this go around of 30 Days of Biking to sag a little. In any case, I hope you're all still encouraged by these little victories, and to get out and ride a bike. That's really what this is all about. And with that, it's on to day 19...

#30daysofbiking

No comments:

Post a Comment