Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Nice Rack: 13th & Wood

In the midst of a gray and rainy Tuesday, I found this neat little U-Haul branded bike rack while I was waiting for a client yesterday. I'm not normally a fan of over-branding things, but I like this for some reason:


Maybe it's because this rack sits in front (or back) of the historic Packard Motor Car Building, which has now been repurposed into apartments and self-storage space:


Packard is a name that will always be near and dear to my heart, because my Dad actually owned one when I was a kid and I have a lot of great memories riding around in it. I was pretty excited to see that U-Haul had posted this sign attempting to preserve and share the heritage of the building:


Sadly, the link no longer exists. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Thankfully, the building is in good standing more than 30 years after being renovated. I get a little irked whenever Philly developers decide to knock down historic structures and replace them rather than opting for refurbishment. But that's another topic for another blog.

On to Wednesday, and day 4 of #30daysofbiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment