Friday, April 20, 2018

Work it Out

30 Days of Biking 2018 Mileage Total: 421.5

I'll come back and add links to some of these things later, as I'm posting this from my phone on break.

One of the benefits of working a physically demanding job is not needing to purchase a gym membership. That being said, I'm grateful that gyms exist because they're some of my most loyal customers:


Stationary bikes really aren't my thing, but I like the set up. I think riding that guy would count towards 30 Days of Biking, right?

Anyway, Thursdays tend to be some of my heaviest workloads. Technically every day is leg day, but especially Thursday:


Size is deceptive. The combined weight of all of that is more than 300 pounds of wet mop heads. Yesterday, I ended up having to make two such trips to Center City to pick everything up, which I didn't mind so much because it was once again freezing and windy outside. Silver linings...

After 20+ miles in less than ideal conditions, you probably think I'd go home. I think you know me better by now. I'd made plans to meet up with a friend to check out a "new" brewery that opened in the Eraserhood:


It's called Love City, and though they're not actually new, this location is. It's a refurbished/renovated factory, and they did a tremendous job with the space. As yesterday was the grand opening, it was predictably packed to the seams:


Service was actually quite quick though. We each got a quick flight in before moving on:


This is the third brewery to open in this area in less than a year. Neat stuff.

Today has been a little less crazy so far. So far. I have to make a late pickup this afternoon that's supposed to be quite large. Happy Friday!

#30daysofbiking

No comments:

Post a Comment