Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Boys on the Docks

30 Days of Biking 2018 Mileage Total: 245.4


After a delayed and much anticipated arrival, Spring has finally arrived, sort of. Temps rose into the 80's yesterday, which actually made it feel more like Summer at times. I had some mostly full carts to pull on the Wash Cycle yesterday to boot, so sweat was aplenty. Felt GOOD:


I love how that thing looks next to a loading dock that's clearly designed for much larger vehicles. Seems out of place, but it actually works quite well for ergonomic reasons. I frequent loading docks on a daily basis, and I still get my fair share of odd looks from those who aren't used to seeing me every day. I guess this does look bizarre if you've never seen it before:


I don't mind confused looks as long as they don't run me over. Ha.

- - - - - - - - - -

I mentioned yesterday that street work has started due to the nicer temperatures. It's a curse and a blessing, and in a week or so when they finish Girard Avenue (near my plant), I'll be forever thankful. This stretch of road has been a mess for years:


You can see the concrete patches indicating the road had been torn up several times and patched, which created all kinds of fun potholes. I don't recommend riding on Girard regularly, but for my route, I sometimes have to. A little further west, the paving is already done:


So yeah. Even though Philly streets are horrible for the most part, I'm happy that at least a few that I frequent are getting a face lift. Now if only they'd install more bike infrastructure...but that's another post for another day. Focus on the positives, or something.

I'm planning to take a somewhat lengthy ride today. Not sure where I'm going to go yet, but Mother Nature appears to be giving us all a golden opportunity to get out and enjoy, so I'm going to take full advantage. Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

#30daysofbiking

No comments:

Post a Comment