Friday, April 6, 2018

On and On and On-On

30 Days of Biking 2018 Mileage Total: 80.3

I had a pretty busy day yesterday, but strangely I don't have much to write about. It was a frustrating morning, as I spent about a half hour waiting for a client to get their laundry ready for me to pick up. BUT, while waiting, I spotted this nifty decal on a car in the nearby parking garage:


On-on is a trail signal used by the Hash House Harriers, an international non-competitive "running" club that involves exploring and finding the trail path as you go. I think that's a good one sentence explanation. My girlfriend got into it last year and I've participated in a few trails. It's pretty fun, and it doesn't necessarily have to include running. In fact, I've been told there are "bashing" trails, which is a combo of biking & hashing. I've yet to participate in one of those, but I will...

Anyway, I finally finished up my planned morning route. I say finally even though I'd purposely rescheduled my clients for earlier in the day because there were to be road closures in Center City. Why? The city and region would be celebrating the championship Villanova Men's Basketball team with a parade to City Hall:


I didn't stay long, as I had other plans, which ended up getting slightly de-railed by a last minute request from another client. I was frustrated by the lateness of the call, but certainly not upset that it resulted in 11 more miles on the bike. I can do that in my sleep (not literally).

After all that hustle and bustle, I made it to the ballpark for the Phillies' home opener:


After being on a bike all day, I was mostly ready for the cold and wind that I encountered there, but it's a lot different when you're standing as opposed to moving. Thankfully we won. On to day 6...

No comments:

Post a Comment