Sunday, April 11, 2021

Day 11 of 30: (Un)Happy Trails

A few days ago, the forecast indicated that Saturday would be pretty much a washout, but today was supposed to be beautiful. I had made plans to go for a nice long ride while Rae went foraging for mushrooms (supposed to be great the day after a nice rain). Unfortunately, things changed, and today was mostly a washout too. We did get out early enough that I was able to get in 25 miles on the Ohio to Erie Trail from Darby Creek to London and back:







The ride was not at all pleasant by any measure. I battled a fierce headwind on the way out, a very noticeable side wind on the way back, and there were some rain showers every now and then. I was hoping to do 40 or even 50 today if the weather had been a bit more cooperative, but I get very little enjoyment out of being beaten in the face by wind for 2 hours.

I'm not gonna blow a bunch of sunshine up your butt: I'm pretty disappointed in this weekend and this edition of 30 Days of Biking overall so far, but the silver lining is that I went over 100 miles for this month and 500 for the year today, so that's something. Here's hoping the remaining two thirds of the month are more kind than the first third.

30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 106.6

No comments:

Post a Comment