Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Day 27 of 30: Waste Makes Haste

After a much-needed 4 day break from our busy Spring season at work, I was back at it today on day 27 of 30 Days of Biking. I didn't have a ton of time for riding today, but I did take a nice half hour ride after work toward downtown Columbus and back:


It's funny to think that a week ago tomorrow, it was snowing. Today was a far cry from that, with temperatures approaching the mid-80's. It was bordering on uncomfortable due to the sudden warmth and the wind that accompanied it, but in no way was it unbearable. I'll certainly take days like these over a windy Winter day...

The evening was nice enough that I decided to venture out again after dinner, with a purpose. Grove City has made a progressive move and started opening compost drop off stations around the area. We've started collecting our food waste recently, and I took our first small load to the drop off just a half mile from the house today:


Riding a bike to drop off compost is what you might call "extra crunchy." I'll be making plenty of trips here in the future. Depending on the weight and weather, I might actually be able to do this on foot.

Just three days remaining in this year's edition of 30DoB, and I wish I had a big finish planned, but with the month ending mid-week, it's just not in the cards this time around. However, I crossed over 300 miles for the month today, and with 3 days to go, I am within 10 miles of last year's total. That's pretty cool. I never set a mileage goal at the start of the month, but I do like to see how much I can squeeze in, and being better than a previous run always feels good. Provided I don't fall off a cliff, I think even 350 might be possible...

Whatever the total ends up being, I hope you all have a great rest of the week. Get outside and enjoy some beautiful weather while you can!


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 311.9

No comments:

Post a Comment