Saturday, April 17, 2021

Day 17 of 30: Therapy

The morning of day 17 of 30 Days of Biking presented itself with some great weather, and I made sure to take advantage while I could. I like to think of leisurely distance rides as "therapy," and my favourite bike for such endeavours is named My Therapist:


I took the girl for a nice hour-long 10 mile ride before my family arrived in town this afternoon, with only one brief stop to pick up some coffee beans from Transcend in downtown Grove City:


I try not to have too many destinations on therapy rides, and that's the point. It's supposed to be a pleasure ride, where time and destination don't matter. No work to get to, no appointment to make, and so on. I realize I had to be back at somewhat of a reasonable time to greet my family, but I knew when I headed out this morning that I'd have more than enough time to make a lap around town:

With a few extra zig zags thrown in there for good measure. ;)

As for why I needed to take a therapy ride, I'd like to paraphrase what one of the hosts of the 31 Thoughts Podcast (it's a hockey podcast - providing the link only if you're into that sort of thing) said the other day in regards to his running routine: there doesn't have to be anything wrong, sometimes you just need to do something you enjoy even when you're in a good mood. I woke up in a pretty good state of mind today, and taking a laid back ride can be a mood enhancer for me. Sometimes it's totally cool to make a good thing even better. Help keep things balanced, and all that.

We're about to head out to dinner, so that's probably it for day 17 on the bike, and that's totally fine too. I'm feeling much better about this week than last, and there's still Sunday to go. Keep moving forward, and I hope you have an amazing weekend!


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 182.7

No comments:

Post a Comment