Thursday, April 8, 2021

Day 8 of 30: Rain Dance

I've now attempted 30 Days of Biking six times. During each attempt, there's always that one day where getting a ride in seems like the most difficult thing imaginable. Today was not that day, but it felt like it for quite awhile.

Spoiler alert: I took one average length ride this evening after dinner, with the intent of picking up a growler from my favourite local watering hole, Hop Yard 62:


If you're eagle-eyed, you might notice the plastic bag covering my seat, and the wet sidewalks. You see, there was rain in the forecast for basically any time after 2PM, and at one point, the radar looked like this:


Knowing this, I decided NOT to ride to work today and instead decided to "wait it out," so to speak. Just after finishing dinner, things looked quite pleasant outside, so I finally hopped on the bike. About 2/3 of the way to the bar, it started pouring briefly, just enough to get me soaked in short order. I never would have made it home in time, so I kept riding. It had cleared out fast enough that I was able to get this pic of my jeans looking like some stone-washed relics:


So I did what any responsible person would do, I stepped inside and stayed for a pint to "dry off." As a result, the ride home yielded about as nice of a view as you can expect from the suburbs:

Sometimes the smallest of moments are worth the wait, I suppose. Tomorrow is Friday, and the weekend weather is looking variable, but I'm optimistic I can get something nice accomplished on the bike if the conditions work out. Enjoy your evening, everyone.


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 72.2

No comments:

Post a Comment