Friday, April 2, 2021

Day 2 of 30: Sideswiped Out

Happy Friday, everyone. I, for one, am really looking forward to this weekend. After a pretty good start to the week, we've been enduring some fierce wind and unseasonably cold temperatures since Wednesday. I'm not one to blame the weather very much, but there is a cumulative effect of working outside in cold wind for three consecutive days that's bound to wear out even the most energetic people.

But, there are no excuses in 30 Days of Biking, and I found the energy to take two short rides today after work. On the first, I was hoping to support local business by picking up some beer at Sideswipe Brewing down the road from my office:


Alas, I forgot that they don't open until 4, and I couldn't wait around that long. I had a date with this fine lady to celebrate her birthday:

We've still been limiting our dining out experiences to mostly special events, and obviously this counts. =]

I sneaked in a quick lap around the block after dinner to burn off some calories in the biting wind. That's about all I had energy for today, but that's also the nice thing about 30DoB: miles don't matter. So I'm 2 for 2, and that is what matters. I'm hopeful for a good weekend with a chance for a couple enjoyable rides in more favourable weather. For now, an evening of rest awaits, and maybe some Lego building. 

Yes. You read that correctly. Enjoy your evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment