Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Day 21 of 30: WTF Wednesday

When I went to bed on Tuesday night, I knew there was a chance of snow overnight. It's crazy to have even a chance of snow here in late April, but not unprecedented. I more or less dismissed it, thinking we'd get no more than a dusting, and that anything that did fall would be gone by mid-morning.

I wasn't entirely wrong, but I misjudged the timing. And so, I awoke on day 21 of 30 Days of Biking to almost all grassy areas around me covered in about 2 inches of snow. Soon after, I received a text from my manager that said to hold off on coming in until after our Wednesday morning meeting at 9AM. Knowing that I would never be able to get back to sleep, I braved the cold weather and took a very brief ride around the neighbourhood this morning:


This is always a weird situation as a lawn care professional. The kids had to go to school today because the roads were just fine, but we couldn't work in the field today because all the lawns were covered in snow:


A few of us made the best of a "bad" situation by doing some maintenance in the shop while things thawed out during the day. The sun warmed things up enough that I was able to mow the lawn when I got home:


I didn't sneak in any more riding. Just a bizarre day that is apparently typical in Central Ohio (I've been here for almost 3 years and I'm still not used to this phenomenon). Tomorrow is Earth Day, and I'm hopeful for much more "normal" conditions.


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 213.0

No comments:

Post a Comment