Sunday, April 4, 2021

Day 4 of 30: Sh*t Show

It wasn't a bad day, actually. Humour me...

We've been working on some home improvements recently, including replacing all of our toilets. Due to unforeseen delays, the last of these replacements had to wait until today. It was a bit unfortunate to spend the first half of the day inside, because we had beautiful Spring weather for the second consecutive day. Actually, replacing a toilet is no pleasant experience no matter the weather. We got it done, though, which does feel good to say. Our water bill with thank us soon enough. 

Once the shit show was over, I decided to reward myself with an 11-mile break-in ride on my "new" bike late in the afternoon:


Not the best pic I know, but I will partially blame that on the work in progress you see above in Beulah Park, a former racetrack and soon-to-be housing development. Other than the site being a former harness track, I'm not sure if there's any additional meaning to the sculpture. In fact, I didn't even know they were building this even though I ride through here almost every day. Whatever the case may be, they're still working on it:


On the way home, I stopped by another work in progress, a bike trail expansion just east of here which will make getting to downtown Grove City a bit easier:


For now, it's just a dead end trail:

I'll be moderately happier when I no longer have to use the bike lane on the 4-lane road just north of the development to get to these trails. For you Philly friends, think of Columbus Boulevard/Delaware Avenue: roads that should not have unprotected bike lanes.

I gotta say, I'm really pleased that I decided to change tires. The lighter weight makes all the difference in the world, so here's hoping their durability isn't compromised. I did realize that I put the front tire on in the wrong direction, but it was a very easy fix. I'll just have to log double the miles tomorrow to make up for it. 😄

When I got home, I decided to join Strava's 1% Better Challenge. It's a pledge to be active for 15 minutes a day for 4 consecutive weeks, or roughly a little more than 1% of each day. That kind of fits right in with what we're doing during 30 Days of Biking, and what I've been doing for more than a year. Small movements can produce big results in the end, and all of that. So, join us?

Conditions are looking good for riding around here over the next couple days, and I don't want to say I'm looking forward to Monday, but I am optimistic. Have a good week, everybody.



30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage: 27.8

No comments:

Post a Comment