Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Day 13 of 30: Worth the Wait?

I suppose.

After a seemingly unending pattern of less than ideal weather during the first two weeks of 30 Days of Biking, the greater Columbus area was finally greeted with a relatively wind-free and mostly sunny day. Even knowing that I had a busy day ahead of me, I still decided to take advantage by getting back in the bike commuting routine this morning:



The parking lot is not a glorious view by any means, but it did feel good to be back riding in the early AM once again. And after a long day of work, it was still pleasant enough that I decided to ride all the way home again, but I opted for the shorter route though - it was already after 5 by the time I left the office. In case I haven't already mentioned this here, splitting my shorter commute route via bus doesn't save that much time, especially when you factor in wait time for the bus that also has to compete with rush hour traffic. There have also been several times when the bus has arrived at my stop and kept on driving because it was full. Believe it or not, I'd rather bike 6 miles than deal with these potential aggravations:




One sorta neat thing, according to Strava, I am now a local legend on one of the roads I frequent when I take this route. I don't keep track of these sorts of things, but I do appreciate the idea. It's not about speed (like king of the mountain) but rather how many efforts you make on a certain segment. In this case, it's letting me know that I'm one of the few people crazy enough to bike this route on a regular basis! Nonetheless, I think it's still neat.

The weather is still pretty decent outside right now, so I might head out later to de-compress a bit. I feel like I've been waiting all month for a nice day, so might as well enjoy it while I can. Can you believe that tomorrow is already April 14th?


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 124.3

No comments:

Post a Comment