Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Day 28 of 30: Work it In

I was forced to take my car to work once again on day 28 of 30 Days of Biking due to a mid-afternoon appointment in North Central Columbus (a.k.a. Clintonville), which is relatively far from home. Never one to miss an opportunity, I kept a bike in my car so I could sneak in a ride after fulfilling my obligations. It's always more enjoyable to ride somewhere that isn't my usual neighborhood anyway:


I purposefully cropped the view of that photo because I'm a large fan of the two characters in the background. Also, because the fence mural that they appear on is so lengthy, it's difficult to fit the whole thing in one standard-sized photo:


This mural appears on a section of the Olentangy Trail that winds through the Clintonville neighborhood. I used to frequent this area on Friday afternoons when I would take the long way home to our old house, and I can't tell you the last time I actually rode through here before today.

I did experience something mildly new today, and that was parking at Clinton-Como Park to begin my ride:


I've recently become more open to the idea of driving a bike to a trail head than I used to, because it's somewhat easier to do that around these parts. If you love riding, you always find a way to work it in, right?

Also new, there's a section of trail on the southern end of OSU campus that's open again after some lengthy construction had forced detours. This might have been open for awhile, but as I mentioned above, I also haven't been over this way for quite awhile:


Despite the threatening skies, it was a decent day to be on the trail. I think the possibility of rain deterred a lot of people from using it on what was otherwise a pleasant day:


I don't mind less people on the trails, at least when I'M the person riding on them. Ha...

Two days left and there is more rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but you can be sure I'll find a way to work in a ride no matter what.


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 319.3

No comments:

Post a Comment