Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Day 20 of 30: 200, 400, 600

If you do some quick math, you'll realize that today is the 2/3 mark of 30 Days of Biking. I say this every year, but where does the time go?

I rode to and from work today, with nothing really out of the ordinary to speak of except that I decided to take a slightly different route on the way home, and by slightly I mean literally heading south one street over. The difference was kinda nice to see though:

Added bonus: both sides of that street are one way in the direction I need to go home, so no need to worry about traffic coming from the other direction on either side.

Since I didn't have much that I felt was worth writing about today or yesterday, I wanted to take a brief aside to appreciate being able to share last weekend with my Mom and aunts who came to visit us all the way out here in Columbus. I apologize for the overall lack of pictures, but I was having a pretty good time and mostly forgot about my phone. I only got one picture of us at BrewDog on Saturday evening:


Thanks to the waitress for the assist. Rae's Mom joined us on Sunday for brunch and afternoon hangouts as well, and it's safe to say a good time was had by all. I hesitate to say this month has been monotonous, but it did feel very nice to experience some different company for a change. I'd like to think we gave them plenty of reason to come back and visit again some time soon.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

I just looked up my mileage total because I usually end my 30DoB posts with an update, and realized a few things:
1) I crossed over 200 miles for the month today
2) I crossed over 600 miles for the year today
3) On Sunday, I will bike for my 400th consecutive day
So that's pretty neat. Might have to do something special this weekend. ;)

10 days left, and plenty of riding left to do. Despite the snow in the forecast for tonite, I am optimistic for those 10 remaining days. Happy Tuesday, everyone.


30 Days of Biking 2021 Mileage Total: 210.5

No comments:

Post a Comment