Thursday, April 22, 2021

Day 22 of 30: Wild Deuces

Day 22 of 30 Days of Biking happens to be Earth Day. Due to recent busy-ness and other upcoming events I'm preparing for, I didn't plan anything special. Hey, at least I rode a bike today, and in that regard, every day is Earth Day for me.

For a bit, there was a tiny bit of doubt in my mind that I'd be able to get a ride in today. In the wake of yesterday's snow, we were left with some frigid temperatures this morning that were nearing the lows we experienced at the start of this month. I opted to throw the bike in the car and drive to work today. Despite warming up nicely during the mid-morning hours, a sudden squall moved through just after noon and actually dusted us with more snow and some very cold winds. Thankfully, that all moved out just as quickly, and I was able to sneak in a quick ride after work on a section of the Scioto Trail that used to be part of my commute when I first moved to Columbus:






Despite still being cold, the weather was clear and almost pleasant after the family and I finished up dinner, so I decided to take a sunset ride to make up for some lost time today. I'd already done all my chores and deserved a reward, right?

In a total coincidence, that 6 mile ride put this month's mileage total at exactly 222.2 after 22 days. Perhaps I should play the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment