Saturday, April 2, 2016

Against the Rain

30 Days Mileage Counter
Biking: 14.4 miles
Car: 0 miles
Accurate as of 8AM 4/2/16

The picture you see below is not a repost of yesterday:

Though I may be foreshadowing...

Yesterday turned out to be a very nice day for cycling after a gray start to the morning. As you can see above, I logged over 14 miles (which includes work). Sadly, it hasn't lasted. The "April Showers" moved in last night and have stuck around for today. Maybe it's for the better, as I'll be volunteering at the Strengthening Health Institute all day today.

SHI is a non-profit education center specializing in plant-based nutrition and lifestyle practices, better known as macrobiotics (just in case you haven't heard my spiel already). I usually walk when I go to the school, as it's only a half mile from my house. In the spirit of #30daysofbiking, I rode in today (obviously). Everything does happen for a reason. If this were any other Saturday, I'd be bummed about the rain and the inability to go on an outdoor adventure, but I'll get to do a lot of indoor adventuring instead. We started this morning with some energy-awakening Qi Gong exercises:

I can't actually take pictures while I do Qi Gong, so this picture of Denny will have to suffice

I'll be recording Susan's cooking class this afternoon, and as such this may be the only time I have to write. If I feel up to it, I'll add a pic or two later. In the mean time, this is what we had for dinner last night:

Emphasis on the beer - part of a balanced diet!

Not necessarily a biking adventure, but I rode my bike to get here, so there. Enjoy your Saturday. I know I will.

As for the foreshadowing, I'll be heading up to Jim Thorpe to play a gig at Big Creek Vineyard tomorrow. Would LOVE to sneak in a trail ride up there! We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment