Friday, April 29, 2016

Tour de Tour

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 562.2
Car: 490
Train: 8

I'm so close to 600, I can taste it. In the last 2 days, I've made purposeful detours just to get a couple more miles in. I'm still facing an uphill battle with my busy schedule this weekend, but here's hoping it wasn't all in vain (it wasn't...duh).

After my morning route and a few hours at the office, I detoured to West South Philly, namely FDR Park. It's a decent enough ride for the most part, but despite what GoogleMaps says, the expansive intersection at 20th & Moyamensing is not the most bike-friendly place. This just looks odd:

At least there aren't any trolley tracks...

There's no left turn arrow, but when traffic from Moyamensing gets the green, they only allow one direction to go at a time. It's still a little unnerving, and crossing through the intersection felt like it took 5 minutes. It was also raining.

Nevertheless, I reached the park, the place where we used to park for free during Flyers games (that's a good story if you care to hear one day):

That new tire looks nice, eh?

I did a quick loop and headed home. All told, I added over 5 miles with that little detour. Not much else to say about FDR Park unless you're going there to play softball, picnic, or skateboard, but a couple extra miles never hurt anyone.

I'm off to SHI for a weekend seminar, then karaoke at SouthHouse tonight. One more day, #30daysofbiking. Let's finish out strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment