Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Will Ride for Food

30 Days Mileage Counter
Biking: 55.5 Miles
Car: 202 Miles
Accurate as of 8AM 4/6/16

I'm pretty impressed with that total so far, even if my car mileage greatly outnumbers it - like I said, that won't be increasing by much in the next week or so.

Despite yesterday being very cold and bitter for April, I logged 19+ miles. Other than the wind, it was a beautiful day across the city. On my commute from the North Philly plant to the office, I paused briefly at one of my favorite mid-day stops, Logan Square:

It's actually a circle, but who needs geometry?

Next stop was to find some lunch. I'm always in search of new food, of course, and I was given a tip by a couple of my friends at Wash Cycle that there is this really awesome hummus place on Sansom St.

Not the best baseball fans, apparently

It's called Dizengoff. In addition to making their own pita on-site, their small (but mighty) menu changes daily and everything is made fresh:

Everything except the beer, that is...

It was...awesome to say the very least. Great fuel for cycling:

Don't eat the pictures.

I don't know how I ever survived without Meditteranean food...

In what seems to be a recurring pattern this week, I rode all the way back to South Philly only to ride all the way back north again. A friend I met through Untappd was having a going away celebration (she's just moving across the river, but still...) at Bar Hygge (pronounced hoo-gah). Convenient, because I've been meaning to go there for months, as I bike past there every day at work, when they're always closed. Sadly, they don't have any bike racks out front, so I had to latch to a tree:

Lean on me

I hate to do it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. The beer was spectacular, and it looks really nice in the sun:

It looks even better in my stomach

Highly recommend checking out both of these places - more than worth the price of admission.

Finally, we retreated to her house to cap off the night, and we were treated to a sunset on the rooftop of her apartment:

Metaphor for the end of this blog post

Today, I'm going to repeat yesterday's pattern somewhat, as I rode up to Temple, will go all the way back home after work, get changed and head back up to Temple for a Bernie Sanders rally. At the very least, I'm getting my exercise, and I'm quite alright with that. 6 days down (and today's still not over), so far so good. See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment