Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Flower Power Part 1

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 184.8 Miles
Car: 223
Train: 8

For all intents and purposes, yesterday morning was terrible. Today was not.

I was given a very special assignment - to distribute tulips to Wash Cycle Laundry commercial customers as a way to say "Thanks." Pretty neat idea and a nice gesture to begin with, but to make things even more special, the tulips were grown especially for us by our friends at Jig-Bee Flower Farm in Kensington:

You can't even tell that I'm squinting

Kate from Jig Bee dropped off two large boxes at 9AM to our Thompson St. facility:

Also available on Amazon.com

I got a little bit of a late start, and the schedule was very hectic, but it was SO NICE outside today:

I had to dodge traffic to take this

My roommate/co-worker from way back in 2011 always used to say she wanted to work in an ice cream shop because the customers are always happy. I'd add flower delivery person to that list. Seriously. Even the dudes I delivered to today were happy to see me. You can see why. LOOK AT THESE FLOWERS:

My roommate enjoyed them - Buddha is my roommate

All in all, I've logged 23.7 miles so far today and made at least 30 stops (maybe more - I stopped counting after awhile). That's about twice the amount of stops and nearly 10 miles more than I usually do on my regular route. And I get to do it again tomorrow!

BUT WAIT - there's more. Softball starts tonite, and our first game is at the North field, which means I still have at least 10 more miles ahead of me today. Wheeeeeee!

13 days (not quite) down, 17 to go. It gets easier every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment