Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wetter or Not

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 161.1 Miles
Car: 223 Miles
Train: 8 Miles

The biggest overriding theme so far during #30daysofbiking has been April showers living up to their billing. I'm not going to bother digging deeply into this, but it's rained almost every day this month. When did we move to the rainforest?

Call me crazy, but I usually look forward to my early morning shift on Tuesdays. Often, I get to witness beautiful sunrises like this one from two weeks ago:

I should add that I only enjoy this when the cat allows me to get more than 6 hours of sleep

No such luck today. One of the few bright spots of this morning came in the form of this mural at 28th & Cecil B. Moore:

And my trike, which has fluorescent ratchet straps

It was lightly drizzling at this time. The weather started to get significantly worse as I had to take a field trip down to 16th Street in between deliveries. I did find a couple nice sites in Brewerytown (side note: I really enjoy riding around there and will probably do more some time soon), but because of the rain, I couldn't stop to take any pictures. Well, I could have, but I didn't want to. I was already soaked through by the time I got there:

Made famous on Wash Cycle Laundry's Instagram account

I also didn't take pictures of the ridiculous scene when I returned to Thompson Street even more soaked than before. My laundry team leader graciously threw my clothes in the dryer, but I didn't have a change, so I stayed tucked away in the back wearing nothing but a t-shirt and boxer shorts. I try to keep this blog PG. Then again, I did the Naked Bike Ride...

By the time I left for the day, the weather had changed to a bright, sunny 60+ degrees and you'd scarcely know it had rained earlier today. The ride home was pleasant, and nobody tried to run me off the road in Point Breeze for a change, so wins all around! Sort of. I was exhausted after I got back here and took a much-needed nap. Another brainchild of mine that I think would greatly improve American morale: paid mid-day nap time. Seriously. Look how happy kindergartners are.

In spite of a less-than-beautiful morning, I wouldn't trade working outside for the world, especially during "nice" weather. Just wait for tomorrow. I gots somethin' special in the works...

No comments:

Post a Comment