Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday as ____

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 341.7
Car: 238
Train: 8

Insert the 4-letter word of your choice ;)

My average Monday consists of this laundry pile:

Wanna go for a dive?

I'm estimating that's about 800 pounds of linens. A large haul for sure, but not overwhelming with the right schedule and planning. Beautiful weather also makes it much easier:

That, and being able to see over the pile...

I did have to lug some of this 8 miles North in a ZipCar, but that doesn't belittle the fact that I had to lift all of it into and out of the car. Not at once. That would be a record. But seriously, it felt like Summer today, which was just dandy. I'm already sporting helmet tan in April :D

Riding all these miles and lifting all these bags, you might think I would need some muscle therapy. You're sort of correct. Thankfully, I live with a fantastic shiatsu practitioner who keeps my "gears running smoothly," and I received a treatment this afternoon:

This pic is actually from a few weeks ago, but the result is the same. Cat therapy for the win.

If you're interested, please inquire. She's really good. Sebastian is no slouch either.

I rounded out the day with a short ride to my favourite neighborhood watering hole to watch the hockey match. Let's not discuss the game, and instead focus on this beautiful black IPA from Duck Rabbit:

Duck, duck, rabbit?

I made it home in one piece. Wish the same could be said for my team's playoff hopes… All in all, nothing too crazy today (other than Wash Cycling). Tomorrow won't be crazy but I'll be appearing at Drexel's Earth Day Festival, so there's that. Really 18 down already? Damn, #30daysofbiking, you're flying by...

No comments:

Post a Comment