Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Strike Out

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 522.2
Car: 490
Train: 8

Today wasn't great for biking. I was scheduled to move about a ton of laundry from our East Falls plant to Swarthmore. Long story short, due to a change in the order, I ended up moving none.

Well, not entirely true...I drove a mostly empty cargo van out to Swarthmore only to find out there had been a change, so I had to take the few bags I had in my van all the way back to Philly. All told, I logged 54 miles in a car, I moved almost 100 pounds of laundry, but it didn't technically go anywhere. Not the best start to a day...

It wasn't the best day weather-wise either, a stark change from the last week or so. I ran some supplies in the trike, but nothing noteworthy. I snapped this on Callowhill Street on my ride home because it seemed appropriate, and I didn't have any other visuals to share today:

When the weather is bleak, anything colorful and bike-related will do

If I was up for writing a puff piece, I could do something on New Belgium, but that's not what this blog is about.

The day ended on a much better note, spending time with some co-workers, bowling (and having) a few rounds at South Bowl. I'm a big fan of this artwork they have hanging next to the back lanes, an 8-bit homage to Jesus from The Big Lebowski:

8-year-olds, dude

I forgot to take a pic, but I beat my average twice, so that's a good thing. Another good thing, apparently they may start offering free shoes during happy hour if you ride your bike to the alley! Jury's still out on that, but that would be a nice perk.

Somehow, I managed to sneak in over 18 miles today, so again, it's not all bad. Tomorrow looks to be similar weather-wise, but at least I'll be back to doing all bike-related deliveries tomorrow!

Can't win 'em all, #30daysofbiking, but let's make these last 3 count, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment