Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I Just Biked 500 Miles...

30 Days Mileage Counter
Bike: 503.6
Car: 436
Train: 8

...and I could bike 500 more. Time will tell.

There have been just a couple days during #30daysofbiking where I've gone "down to the wire," nearly missing my daily ride. Today, however, will likely be the earliest ride of the month.

I woke at 4:30AM and was on my bike by 4:45. Why? To canvass the neighborhood with Bernie Sanders door hangers before work, of course!

Shit. It's so ass early that even headquarters is closed...

As luck would have it, they canceled the 5-8 canvassing shift before I got there, which I found out as I was standing out front. I could have used the extra couple hours of sleep, but whatever. After a brief nap, I still did some work in the 'hood, just not as much:

Railings will suffice too, I suppose.

In case you're wondering, I voted absentee again this election, as my polling place still hasn't been changed to Philadelphia. Details...I finished up the neighborhood rounds at about 8 and headed to "the office." Yesterday's haul was certainly impressive, but when you pick up 22 bags of dirty laundry, eventually you have to return 22 bags of clean laundry, so here we are:

10 in the bin, and one to go on the handlebars. Laundry bag Tetris.

Add to that the "doing this on 5 hours sleep" factor and it was slightly ridiculous. Not pictured: the trike taking a tumble after getting stuck in a drainage ditch in Fairmount Park. Also not pictured: me having to re-stack the bags that had fallen onto the pathway.

And that was basically today, but that was plenty. Between going to and from work and to and from Outward Bound twice, I racked up another 16.8 miles and went over 500 for the month!

4 more days, #30daysofbiking. Think I can hit 600?

No comments:

Post a Comment