Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wind, Wheels & Wine


I didn't have a set goal when I decided to do #30daysofbiking other than actually doing 30 days of consecutive biking, but I decided to add one today: a mileage goal. Here's where I stand:

30 Days Mileage Counter
Biking: 16 miles
Car: 172 miles
Accurate as of 10PM 4/3/16

As you can see, I have some work to do. I want to bike at least half as many miles as I travel by car this month. It's going to be difficult considering the last couple days were hindered by poor weather, a busy schedule and a drive to Jim Thorpe, but I'll see what I can do. On average, I don't use my car 6 days out of the week...

Today was a bittersweet day. I had to return the bike my sister loaned to me. Owing to some trouble with my tailgate, I had to take off the front wheel to fit it in the back seat of my car. I certainly didn't want to give it back to her disassembled, so I put it back on and gave it a test ride around her neighborhood. Because of the torrential winds battering PA today, that was about all I wanted to deal with anyway:

Breezer, I hardly knew ye.

Eagle-eyed cyclists may notice the Breezer decal that seems very out of place:

Actually it looks pretty straight to me...

Short funny story: when my crash in October rendered me bike-less, my sister graciously loaned me her bike that had been sitting in storage for basically 2 decades. I was thrilled just to have a bike, even if it was a woman's Huffy. She said it was OK for me to take the decals off, which I did. Honestly, they looked terrible even for a women's bike. Pink on royal blue is not a good look, I don't care who you are. So, when I came upon 2 free Breezer decals that fit perfectly on the ample vacant space on the bike, I decided to decorate and enjoy some wishful thinking.

After my short ride around the neighborhood which, by the way, STILL COUNTS(!), I was on my way to Big Creek Vineyard to play some tunes and enjoy some local wine. I don't have any pics of me playing, but I'm sure there will be a couple on the Facebook sooner or later:

Not really setting the bar high, but nonetheless...

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, even though I was kinda missing my counterpart in acoustic crime. If this were my other blog, I might recap that experience. Since it's not, we move on to day 4 tomorrow. Happy Monday! :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment